Monday, July 25, 2011

Live Design Projection Master Class

About 10 days ago I registered for the Projection Master Class in Orlando on October 26th and 27th. This is the day before my thesis defense on Friday Oct. 28th. This is probably ill-advised but the fact the class is only in Orlando compared to Las Vegas last year, I think I will take my chances. Not to mention, a large portion of the class will focus specifically on projection mapping, my thesis. I'm sure we will learn about all these programs that allow you to wrap projections, etc, which will in turn make me question everything I've done on my thesis. Thankfully, the resources that I have are limited so I can't feel too bad. It's like I'm doing projection mapping on a shoestring.

I'm excited about all the techniques and software I will be exposed to at this conference, but mostly I am looking forward to meeting people who are actually working in the industry. The world of projection design is small and in my research I have come across works by all the presenters: Mode Studios, Vello Virkhaus, Jake Pinholster (a UF Grad). I feel this opportunity is invaluable to my career and I will just have to be extra prudent to get everything completed in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment